Job Opening: Network Engineer
IP Network Engineer
Texas Lone Star Network (TLSN) is looking for an experienced, motivated Network Engineer to join this Texas based team. TLSN is a consortium of Independent Rural Broadband and Telecom centric companies providing services to rural Texas for twenty-five years. Our member owners and their companies have provided services for fifty to one hundred years. The TLSN network comprises 10,000 miles of fiber, numerous access nodes, a DWDM system and router network providing L2 VPN, EPL, EVPL, MPLS, IP Transit and optical wavelength services in Texas.
TLSN is seeking an individual team player to assist in managing and maintaining a statewide network while providing design and implementation assistance in new technologies and products.
Desired Qualifications for IP Network Engineer
• 5+ years’ experience working in an IP and Switched environment.
• Extensive knowledge in routing and switching protocols to include IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, ISIS, BGP
• Extensive experience with Cisco ASR9K routers and IOS XR operating systems
• Desired knowledge of Juniper MX series routers and Junos OS platforms
• Extensive experience with configuring L2 VPN, EPL, EVPL, MPLS
• Desired knowledge of 1GbE to 100GbE LAN and optical transport
• Detailed knowledge of Syslog, SNMP MIBs, traps, and polling
• Experience with the Microsoft Office suite using Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS SharePoint
• Basic knowledge of server configurations, VMs, admin troubleshooting
• Preferred candidate will have at least one or more industry standard certifications, CCNA and CCNP
• Experience managing and maintaining network infrastructure, routers, switches, L2/L3 devices.
TLSN provides highly competitive benefits and accommodating work environments.
To apply: Send resume to email@example.com